It’s time to check out all the new features in QuickBooks
Continuously improve our software
We are always introducing new features in our software to support the way small businesses and their accountants and bookkeepers manage their financial information. So we recently introduced more improvements to QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant and QuickBooks Tax Powered by LodgeiT.
Some exciting new features include improved worksheet and document management, new time-saving features, and improvements to the procedures for finalizing a set of accounts.
QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Online Accountant are leading software tools that help small accounting and bookkeeping firms manage their clients, workflow, time tracking, and invoicing. QuickBooks Tax, powered by LodgeiT, is an online tool to manage your tax and SAR preparation and settlement needs.
Let’s take a look at some of the recent additions to our software.
Preparation for new Taxes functionalities
Designed for accountants and bookkeepers, Prep for Taxes is an online QuickBooks accounting tool that lets you view a client’s accounts from a single dashboard, similar to a trial balance. Use it to review and adjust accounts as well as automatically export account data to required tax and BAS fields in QuickBooks Tax powered by LodgeIT. Here are some of the recent changes to this feature.
- We have improved the Document Manager feature, which is a useful tool for classifying customer documents such as bank statements or loan documents. This is a very popular feature that allows accountants and bookkeepers to maintain a central repository of all of a client’s documents in one place.
- We have introduced a new feature in the review and adjustment feature, to easily switch between tabs to view balances from previous years. You can also easily save your progress on a task.
- We’ve also improved the year-end task feature that helps accountants and bookkeepers streamline their work. This quickly and easily provides a summary of all the tasks that need to be completed while preparing a client’s taxes.
Updates to QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is easy-to-use cloud-based software for small businesses and their bookkeepers and accountants. Here are some of the additions we’ve made recently to help improve user workflows.
- We’ve introduced a new and improved customer view and changed the name of our month-end review feature to Book Review. This feature streamlines the way accountants and bookkeepers audit their work, so we’ve renamed this feature to better reflect its function. Other improvements will be added to this feature over time, such as the ability to view information on a quarterly basis, so watch this space.
- We have updated our Cash Planner feature. Now a machine learning algorithm is used for cash flow planning purposes and supports our bill payment prediction model. This feature is an industry first.
- We’ve also updated the Cash Flow Planner so it’s now available on the QuickBooks Online mobile app for iOS and Android.
- We’re also improving receipt capture, as well as the ability to track multiple users when tracking mileage in our app.
QuickBooks Tax Powered by Extended LodgeiT Features
QuickBooks tax powered by LodgeiT helps accountants and bookkeepers automatically pre-populate BAS and tax data QuickBooks Online and other accounting solutions. We have also added functionality to this popular software. We will take a look.
- We have improved the result of the appraisal function so that accountants and bookkeepers can automatically notify clients that the appraisal result is ready for viewing.
- The new client function has also been updated. We now offer the ability in QuickBooks Tax to automatically compare information with QuickBooks Online Accountant. Make sure you check the box in the settings to access this feature.
- We’re also adding improved integration functionality between QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Tax to streamline account processes and maximize data sharing.
QuickBooks Quick Tip
Most report dates default to fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). However, if you need to view your client’s reports for a different date range, you can set it to suit your needs. If you go to the Accounting Tools area, you will find an option called Report Options. Select this option, set the required date range for your customer, and then view the reports. Please note that this feature works with most reports like income statement and balance sheet, but not all.
Give certainty to accountants and accountants
We are constantly committed to providing certainty to the Australian accounting and bookkeeping community. We are therefore offering you the opportunity to access QuickBooks Online at an 80% discount for three years. This offer is valid until July 31, 2020. For more information, contact your account manager or call us at 1 800 618 521.